Monday, September 24, 2012

Music Video Monday: Aerosmith

I've been meaning to write posts about the Democratic National Convention, 9/11, the anti-Muslim film and the shitstorm in the Middle East, the continual gaffes of Mitt Romney but the news keeps me reading way too many articles. Plus, I've been busy searching for a better paying job, which takes up a lot of time as well. I hope to get to those posts, but rather than allowing the number of posts I want to write grow, I'll just nip it in the bud and write ones as events happen and if I have time, to write the older ones and backdate them. This week's music video is by Aerosmith. The song is appropriate because of a quote by Ann Romney that was unearthed. She had said of their college years at BYU:
"They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at [Brigham Young University], we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income ... Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time," Ann Romney told the Boston Globe in 1994. "We had no income except the stock we were chipping away at. We were living on the edge, not entertaining."
Guess what, Ms. Romney? I lived in a basement apartment in Provo. Of all the places I've lived, Provo, Utah was probably the safest, most boring, suburban / college town ideal that one could raise a family safely there. In fact, I knew a lot of people who left their doors unlocked (including my housemates, which angered me because we had strange people walking into our apartment a few times). If living in Provo, Utah is "livin' on the edge", then Ann Romney seriously needs to get out more. What a shame to have all that money and not experience the world as most people live it and experience it. When all they know about the world is luxury hotels and servants handling their baggage and room service, no wonder why they are clueless about how the vast majority of the residents of this planet live.

Also today marks my 2 year anniversary of being liberated from the worst job I ever had. I feel like celebrating.

6 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Go celebrate!!
And then be back for the debates on October 3.

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

You ready for these debates? Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Biden won.

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

And tomorrow night?

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

R looked like the idiot he is. O won this one.

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

voted today. Easy, quick. but i think i was in a room filled with repubs.